Box Office and Database Administrator
The Ottawa Symphony Orchestra (OSO) is a 100-musician, professional orchestra presenting a four concert series annually at the National Arts Centre, as well as contract engagements and a Symphony for Schools program.
Reporting to the General Manager, the position of Box Office and Database Administrator is a key position in the organization, responsible for all aspects of ticketing, and for maintenance of the Sumac database for the OSO. As the main point of contact between the Ottawa Symphony and our patrons, excellent communication skills are required.
Hours: Flexible to a maximum of 15 per week, between Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Remuneration: $13.00 per hour to start, with increase after six month
Deadline: Apply Immediately. Interviews will be held in January 2017
Please send cover letter and CV to:
Elizabeth Barron, General Manager
(No phone calls, please)
- Database Management
Maintain the Sumac database
- Enter data collected from single ticket sales, telemarketing, subscriptions and subscription renewals, donations; communication with patrons; and special events.
- Maintain up-to-date information on OSO subscribers.
- Receive, reconcile and prepare all cheques for deposit. Process and reconcile credit card payments. Reconcile petty cash.
- Sort data and edit duplications.
- Provide up-to-date information for telemarketing campaigns, subscription renewals, fundraising, special events, distribution of special offers, and other initiatives as required in cooperation with the General Manager
- Issue tax receipts.
- Selling tickets as required for all special events
- Prepare lists of event attendees and invoices as required
- Attend special events and coordinate ticket administration.
Oversee and manage all aspects of subscriptions and ticketing
- Provide the highest quality of customer service to patrons by phone and e-mail. Answer patron questions regarding event information, ticket prices and repertoire. Process new subscriptions, single ticket orders, and ticket exchanges from subscribers throughout the season.Work with the NAC Box Office Supervisor to set up and process concert tickets through the TicketMaster system.
- Work with TicketMaster support staff for troubleshooting TicketMaster software
- Manage all aspects of group ticket sales.
- Work with the General Manager to set up and manage special ticket offers (such as Groupon) as needed throughout the season.
- Prepare status reports as directed by the General Manager.
- Attendance, outside of office hours, is mandatory at OSO concerts and special events.
- Assist with general administration
- Answer phones and take messages.
- Open, sort and distribute mail.
- Assist with other administrative tasks as required.
Currently obtaining or completed: College diploma or Bachelor’s degree, with preference given to Business program graduates.
At least one year of experience working in an office environment. The necessary computer skills to learn and maintain the database are essential. Knowledge of ticketing and subscription procedures is desirable. Preference will be given to those experienced in SUMAC and/or ticketing (TicketMaster).
Bilingual French/English preferred
Excellent communication skills
Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Keen attention to detail
Familiarity with ticketing agencies such as Groupon
Advanced computer skills including familiarity with:
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Sumac Database systems
- TicketMaster (DOS based)