Play Your Part
SUPPORT THE EXCELLENCE OF THE OSO, YOUR GIFT HELPS US TO:
- advance the careers of young musicians as orchestral musicians or as featured soloists
- offer a series of free orchestral concerts in local schools
- encourage young audiences with students at 50% off regular prices
- offer a wide spectrum of works which can only be performed by a full-size symphony orchestra
- provide local musicians with performance experience in a large symphony orchestra
- collaborate with other performing arts groups
- engage outstanding Canadian soloists to perform with the Orchestra
- feature works by Canadian composers each season and commission new works on occasion
BENEFITS AND HOW WE THANK YOU:
- Positive recognition through your association with the OSO’s high standards;
- Advance notice of OSO special events, including our Annual General Meeting;
- An income tax receipt for the full amount of your donation;
- Donors of $100 and more are listed in concert programs for a full season;
- Donors of $150 and more receive a copy of the program notes before each concert;
- Donors of $500 – $999 are offered two complimentary tickets to a concert;
- Donors of $1,000 and more are offered two tickets to a concert and an invitation to an exclusive event.
Making a gift of securities, property or other planned gifts to the Orchestra is an ideal way to honour a relative or friend. Remembering the OSO in your will could result in a permanent recognition of your generosity through an endowment such as the chair of a principal player. Naming the OSO as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy will also provide long-term benefits for the OSO.
The OSO, a registered charitable organization, can provide you or your estate with a tax receipt for your gift of cash, marketable securities (now 100% tax deductible) or property.